• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 keeps crashing randomly if working on more than a few lines at a time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to FrameMaker, so I might be doing something wrong.

Rather consistintly, any time I try deleting / adding / changing more than a page or two of text at a time, FrameMaker hangs, and usually crashes. (Other times I just let it continue trying overnight, and then kill the process). Sometimes I can go as long as 2-3 days without it crashing. 

Importing a document from MS Word into FrameMaker took 5-6 attempts till it was stable for long enough to actually convert the entire document before crashing, giving me a chance to save.

Similar posts on crashes didn't seem to have resolutions on them.

FM: 2019 15.0.1.430

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have the latest version, which is 15.0.4.751. Try updating it and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update Framemaker 2019 to update 4  from "Help>Updates" and then check the issue.

Alternatively, you may download update 4 from this link https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows .

Regards,

Deep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with updating, I find that renaming (or deleting) the prefs folder in your Roaming directory often resolves random crashes. https://techcomm.tools/fm-prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Along with updating to the latest version of Frame, I suggest saving your file as a .MIF. Then close and reopen the MIF and save it again as a FrameMaker file.

Sometimes the MIF conversion cleans up file corruptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines