• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2020 - Embedded Fonts issue

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, all. We are converting documents to BentonSans Regular and need to embed the fonts into our PDF. I've set up the fonts to be embedded in Adobe Distiller. Here's the dilemma:

1) If I create a pdf using Save as PDF, the fonts won't embed

2) If I create a pdf using Print Book, the fonts embed, but I can't create PDF Bookmarks, and the links in the TOC and cross-references stop working. (Links are dead)

We need to use BentonSans, so changing to a universal font isn't an option. Any suggestions as to what settings I may have incorrect? Even better, anyone know how to embed fonts using Save as PDF?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi,

Bookmarks:

When you print the book to a PostScript file to create the PDF with the Distiller, activate the option "Generate Acrobat Data" in the Print dialog to get PDF bookmarks.

What is set in Format | Document | PDF Setup? Is the option "Generate PDF Bookmarks activated?

Fonts:

Can you open the Publish settings for PDF? Which Preset Name is selected? Something which is set to embed all fonts?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Bookmarks:

When you print the book to a PostScript file to create the PDF with the Distiller, activate the option "Generate Acrobat Data" in the Print dialog to get PDF bookmarks.

What is set in Format | Document | PDF Setup? Is the option "Generate PDF Bookmarks activated?

Fonts:

Can you open the Publish settings for PDF? Which Preset Name is selected? Something which is set to embed all fonts?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Winfried! It was the Publish step that I was missing. Bookmarks are back, now just verifying the font embed.

Appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines