• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2020 won't create PDF of book unless TOC is first on list

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created a new book with FrameMaker 2020.  Added TOC.  Accidently placed it first, before the cover and frontmatter and PDF creates fine.  When I move it to proper location, I get a 16044 error and FrameMaker crash. Notice that TOC file icon is brown while all other file icons for book files are white.  Could this be related to the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

The icon colors simply indicate whether a file is created by a user, or if it's a generated file like a TOC. Did you update your book after moving the TOC into the correct location?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon colors simply indicate whether a file is created by a user, or if it's a generated file like a TOC. Did you update your book after moving the TOC into the correct location?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebooking after moving TOC into correct location seems to have allowed PDF to create without error. Interesting that when I chose the correct location when creating the PDF it would not work to make the PDF. Thanks for this solution.

Karen Lane, PhD
Senior Instructional Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to regenerate a book and get the same "Internal Error 16044." Have tried updating each chapter file individually then regenrate the book but with no success.  Any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any errors appear in the console? Thought about updating to FM2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines