• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker can't create a new file for writing

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working without a problem for over eight hours on files in the same directory, I receive the following message when I try to save a file: FrameMaker can't create a new file for writing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the usual suspects: enough space on drive; folder permissions; group policies; network vs local folder; etc.

Also try SaveAs to a different destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here. After running solid on FM 11 w RH10 for years Im getting this same error. How did you solve it? Any insight would help immensely I’ve been troubleshooting since Dec2017.

Janeth

tsguser01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using File > Import > File into a blank doc? How about saving as MIF and then reopening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, save as mif didn’t work. I have not tried importing the online.ditamap.

It looks like this:

I found a site that points to the maker.ini file. Thank you so much for replying back. Much appreciated. I feel like I’m on a FM DITA island here

Sincerely,

Janeth Cornelius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tsguser01​ - since you're posting in the Unstructured FM forum, it's no wonder you feel like you're an island. Maybe check over in the Structured forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have. No Answer. I was on my mobile phone and found a posting. I replied back not realizing it posted here. Newbie forum user. Thanks for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Janeth Cornelius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Posted for others that run across this thread)

Sorry, my advice was for .fm files. Troubleshooting structure (in this case, DITA) will be entirely different.

Jeff's advice to check the structured Fm forum is a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. Thank you. Posted in structured land a few days ago, non-responsive. The Adobe FM Dev team is on it now. At this point, I’m looking for advice outside the box, blogs, forums, Reddit...the read write issue came up late last night for the first time in the build server. I ran a search on my phone and landed here. Will update my posting in structured FM.

Sincerely,

Janeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines