• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker Conversion to PDF not Displaying All Bookmarks in Word

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I convert my Frame book to PDF, it appears fine. I added a watermark to the PDF. When I convert the PDF to Word, many of the first and last section bookmarks are missing.

Clues?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Hi,

I am not sure, what you do and why.

You have a book in FrameMaker, and you create a PDF successfully.

Then you add a watermark in Acrobat or another PDF editor.

And then you convert the PDF to Word. What is missing now? The bookmarks of the PDF are just handles, so that you can jump to a specific section.

Or are these sections missing.

I assume this is not a FrameMaker question, but an Acrobat question. You should post your question in the Acrobat forum. Also add info like your application

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

And, hopefully, gives you clean bookmarks since the issue seems to have been created during the conversion of the PDF with watermark to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure, what you do and why.

You have a book in FrameMaker, and you create a PDF successfully.

Then you add a watermark in Acrobat or another PDF editor.

And then you convert the PDF to Word. What is missing now? The bookmarks of the PDF are just handles, so that you can jump to a specific section.

Or are these sections missing.

I assume this is not a FrameMaker question, but an Acrobat question. You should post your question in the Acrobat forum. Also add info like your application and the version.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this appears to be an Arobat issue. When I do not add the watermark to the PDF, then the Word document has all of the PDF bookmarks. I discovered this when I didn't add a watermark to the PDF. So, I had to create separate watermarks to the PDF and the Word doc to make it work.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. When coverting the FrameMaker file to PDF the bookmarks are fine. The problem occured when a watermark was added to Arobat PDF. During the PDF export the Word, many of the bookmarks in the PDF did not display in the Word file. So Arobat was, in fact, the problem. So, I added a watermark to the PDF AFTER coverting the PDF to Word. Then I had to add the watermark separately to Word, in addition to the PDF watermark.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not convert from Frame directly to Word and add the watermark there? Frame has a good exporter to Word, and Word has a Watermark command on the Design tab that lets you use either preconfigured or custom watermarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, my boss requires both PDF and Word documents. I didn't have an issue with converting PDF to Word and adding Watermarks to both. It was my requirement anyway.  Suppose I could have converted Frame to Word, directly, but I still had to add the watermark to both documents, anyway, including the PDF.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So convert it to Word, add the watermark, and print to PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, saves one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, hopefully, gives you clean bookmarks since the issue seems to have been created during the conversion of the PDF with watermark to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Of course, creating bookmarks for PDF and Word works, too. But I will try the conversion to Word first and then see what I get in the PDF bookmarks. If they remain in tact, then I'll go that way in the future.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines