Framemaker keeps on crashing when I try to import an image. How can I resolve this?
The current version of Framemaker is 126.96.36.1997.
See image below .....
Is testimage.png the only image you have tried to import into FM? Try another one.
Or try an image in a different format, i.e. jpg.
Or try to open testimage.png in a graphics tool. Perhaps your testimage has the wrong extension, and it's not a png.
For example Irfanview can detect wrong extensions.
is it possible to share the sample image on which FM2015 is crashing ?
The attached screenshot is a reproduction of my issue. So any image, I try to import causes Framemaker to crash
Also, I can import insets, however if an inset contains an image the import process causes Framemaker to crash as well.
This happens both when I attempt to "import by reference" or "copy into document"
In my original document, all insets, images and insets are "import by reference". And its a fairly use document.
Before the above issue started, Framemaker was working fine. I suspect it all started when I was trying to save my framemaker document as a .pdf file. Unfortunately, Framemaker crashed in the process. Since then, i am having the issue as mentioned above.
Can you try to recreate the preferences for FrameMaker:
• Close FM2015.
• Rename the folder 13 to 13_old in C:\Users\UserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\FrameMaker.
• Then Rename folder “Linguistics” to “Linguistics_old” in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe .
• Rename folder “Linguistics” to “Linguistics_old” in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe .
• Run FrameMaker as Run as Administrator and check the issue again.
After many frustrating hours, the issue is finally resolved.
For those who might experience a similar problem....
I resolved the issue as follows....
1. I renamed the images folder.
2. I opened my books with all its linked content.
3. In the Missing File dialog, I chose the option "Ignore All mission Files" All referenced images displayed grey, which was a good sign as it confirmed that the issued is restricted to the linked image folder.
4. I then reviewed the properties on my C folder and noticed that I had 13 Gb of free storage.
5. I decided to perform a disk clean-up which increased my free storage space to 42 Gb.
6. I renamed my image folder to its original name and repeated step 2. All documents and related insets opened without Framemaker crashing . What a happy moment!!!
Well, at this stage I cannot confirm if my issue was resolved as a result of the available storage space or as a result of the disk clean-up process. I will leave that conclusion up to the experts. I'm merely sharing my experience for those with similar issues.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me in the process