• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker Running Table Header Not Updating

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table that spans over many pages. There is a running table header with the table title, however when I update the title, it does not update across the entirty of the table, only on the first page where the table begins. How can I get this to auto update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual suspect in this scenario is that the heading row of the Table is an ordinary Body Row, and not a Heading Row. But it has paragraph formats that make it appear so.

If this is the case, use Table » Add Rows or Columns
⦿ Add [1] Row(s) [To Table Header]
and move the column head paragraphs there.

The next suspect might be that what appears to be a continuation Table is actually a new Table. I'm also wondering if some Row Format (keep with next/previous) can mess up the header propagation logic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiousity, why use a heading row instead of the built-in table title, which will show up on every page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LinSims: …why use a heading row instead of the built-in table title, which will show up on every page?

I would guess mainly because there's only the one Title, but Tables commonly have multiple columns, which need to be identified across pages.

Actually that property of Table Titles is a bit annoying. My preference would be an option for it to only appears at the actual table start, and that continuation pages lack it (thus indicating that they are not the table start, and yes, the Table Continuation vars do an offset). Just poking around, I don't see any way to make it table-start-only (it can easily be faked by using the desired title as the {ordinary} anchoring para for the table).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except this person does want the table title to appear on each page, so using the Table Title property in Table Designer would make sense.

(My preference is actually for the Table Title to appear on each page, as that way if you happen to stumble across the 3rd page of a 5-page long table, you'll still know what sort of information you're dealing with. Your mileage obviously varies.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines