• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker: Upload to Acrobat Document Cloud failing when sending for online review

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the online review functionality in FrameMaker. The PDF generates just fine from Distiller, but when it comes to the uploading to document cloud step it stops and shows an error saying the upload has failed and to try again. No matter what I do it always fails.

I'm able to create review PDFs and send them via email but ideally I'd like reviewers to be able to see each other's comments and not have to import each review document separately.

Any advice on even just debugging this? Are there logs I can look at to see why it's failing?

Failing that, is there any other way to get the desired functionality?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Error , Publishing , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've no experience in the matter, but anyone who does might want to know:
what cloud?
Adobe, Google, Microsoft, …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM? I vaguely recall some issues with review PDFs and sharing on the Adobe cloud thing - you'd need to search the FM forum for "review PDF" I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - FrameMaker 2020, version 16.0.0.754. I've just now updated to version 16.0.4.1062 (latest available to me) and tried again but it hasn't helped, still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that feature is just a link to Acrobat DC's cloud-review feature--same as the send by email. You can upload the PDF directly through Acrobat. 

If you don't want to use the cloud review, you can turn that feature off in the Acrobat preferences. Then you can use the older server-based review. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I go about uploading through acrobat? Just create a review PDF, open in acrobat and upload/share from there?

I'm wanting to make use of the importing and accepting changes from reviewers and in my experience documents shared through acrobat don't let reviewers make proper Add/Replace/Remove text comments that I can then just accept in FM. Happy to be proven wrong on this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say, yes, try that - doing it manually I think simulates what the FM process is attempting to do. If your manual process fails, then it's probably something to do with your credentials or rights to the Document Cloud. If it works manually, then I would suggest contacting the FM folks for help - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploading to document cloud and sharing from acrobat works - but has the issue I mentioned above where reviewers can only make basic comments. I'll reach out to support - thanks for passing on that email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The limited reviewing tools is because it is through the browser. Even if one opens the shared file in the desktop app, the tools are still limited (I assumer to keep in sync with other bowser-based reviewers.)

If the reviewers have access to the same network, you can turn off the cloud option and use the server-based review. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines