Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameScript: still a going concern?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Our site currently uses FrameMaker 12, and we're looking at updating to FrameMaker 16 (2020); I'll call it FM2020 for brevity.

We have a number of dependencies for the project to succeed, and one of them is FrameScript. In order to use FrameScript in FM2020, I believe we'll need FrameScript 7.

However, when I went to framescript.com, I got a [[403 Forbidden]] error. A web search gave an unfamiliar site framescr.com as the top match, so I had a look there. It's a strange mixture of secure and unsecure pages, for which I got warnings in the browser. They only accept checks or PayPal as payment. There's no evaluation version available. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, please?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi Jon, FrameScript is still alive; I have some existing clients still using it. However, many of my clients have switched to ExtendScript because it is built into FrameMaker 10 and higher. Some are switching as they do new or revised script so they have a hybrid setup. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about your scripts. Thanks. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

I also have FrameScript 7 with FM 2020. Admittedly I do not remember, if we bought it from a reseller, but https://framescr.com/ is the correct website.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Winfried, for confirming that I got the right website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, FrameScript is still alive; I have some existing clients still using it. However, many of my clients have switched to ExtendScript because it is built into FrameMaker 10 and higher. Some are switching as they do new or revised script so they have a hybrid setup. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about your scripts. Thanks. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for confirming FrameScript is still alive; after looking at their site, I had my doubts. We've moved to ExtendScript for a lot of our work, but there remain large chunks of the codebase still in FrameScript, which will be a lot of work to port to ExtendScript. I'll need to assess FrameScript in FrameMaker 2020 to see how well it performs.

Thanks. JDW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick.

We have used FrameScript with several versions of Framemaker, but the script we have used in the past is no longer working with the newest version of Frame. The script is used to insert multiple page PDFs into our document. We no longer have anyone on staff that understand how to update the script to make it work, and we have had no luck with FrameScript returning any of our emails asking for help. Could you kindly direct me on how we may be able to get help to get this script working again? I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you contact me off the forum? Thanks. rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I will be in touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines