Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating a A3 pages in an A4 document

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a book that is set to A4 pages using FM 2014. I need to insert two A3 figures at the end of the document. I know how to do this in FM 7.1 but I am treed with 2014 as I cannot see the catalogues to make an A3 reference (?) page and separate document holding the figures. Ideally, I would like to have both the A3 and A4 pages in the one document but so far all I can do is change ALL pages to A3 portrait. Frustrating? you bet.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Paul

TOPICS
Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

It is not possible to have more than one page size in a single FrameMaker document. You can have both portrait and landscape pages in the same document, for example 8.5 wide x 11 high and 11 wide x 8.5 high, but not different page sizes.

You will need to put the two A3 pages into a separate document and then add them to your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to have more than one page size in a single FrameMaker document. You can have both portrait and landscape pages in the same document, for example 8.5 wide x 11 high and 11 wide x 8.5 high, but not different page sizes.

You will need to put the two A3 pages into a separate document and then add them to your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Guys,

After years away from FrameMaker and being thrown in at the deep end it is an interesting time.

I am sure that I will be back here to pick your brains. The next challenge is figuring out sectional page page inside the document eg page 101-104, page 401-406, ......The joys of working with ATA 100

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question about section numbering. Please give a little more detail. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,
The page numbering in ATA 100 varies depending on what you are doing. it is normal to have General descriptions, Removal and installation Test and Adjust in the same document but each will have its particular page number series (as below)

It should be an easy fix as each section can have a different numbering sequence (always starting at 1.

Sorry for the 20 questions. This maintenance manuals is one of 20 documents that need to be out and reviewed ASAP.

All good though

Thank you for your help

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each FrameMaker document can have only one page numbering system. So to change the start number for each of your sections, each section will need to be a separate FrameMaker document. When you add the documents to a Book, you can specify the starting page number you want for each document. But it sounds like you already know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I know how to do this in FM 7.1

By the by, just how were you doing that in 7.1? I always had to use the separate-file-in-book trick in FM6 and 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines