Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting an Unusual Alert When Trying to Save

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm working in FM 2020 and I just opened up a document I created in 2019. No issues with that, but now whenever I try to save, I get the alert I attached to this post. 

It's definitely a strange one... if I type hello, save, and click ok on that alert, I can no longer use the undo function to get rid of the hello. However, I can still delete it. This is happening every time I save now, and I've never seen this alert before/with any of my other documents. 

2021-01-28_17-00-22.gif

Anyone ever seen this, know what causes it, or what to do about it?

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These undo messages are fairly useless. I would click the checkbox so you don't have to see them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I most likely will, I'm just confused why this is now randomly showing up on some of my docs, but never did for others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jenna:

I'm just confused why this is now randomly showing up on some of my docs, but never did for others

FrameMaker will clear the history (preventing the opportunity to use Edit > Undo) after we use certain commands, i.e., modifying margins or columns. FrameMaker can tell you every time this happens, or once for each of these commands. This is reset after a major upgrade.

How often you see this message is determined by your settings in Edit > Preferences > Global > Alerts. 

alerts.png

I always disable the history warnings because I know which commands will clear history, and I know the options for backtracking that don't use undo. Some of my students initially like to see them every time, until suddenly they've had enough of the extra click to move past the message. As I say to them, turn this off whenever you are ready. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines