• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gridlines printed in PDF from FM 2020 Version: 16.0.4.1062

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be simple fix, because I don't see this covered anywhere in the forum. Why does my PDF from FM 2020 have gridlines? I don't even have gridlines on in the project. Must be missing something simple somewhere...

bronxguys02_0-1667587033056.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Hi @bronxguys02:

You can enable/disable the gridlines in Adobe Acrobat using View > Show/Hide > Rulers & Grids > Grid. This has nothing to do with the FrameMaker grid. Once on in Acrobat, they will remain on for all files, until you turn them back off. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you for
View » Grid Lines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if View > Gridlines would be ON, such a pattern can not be produced.

I assume that there is some 'layer' exists in the master pages which should be 'switched' off by settings in the coulour view.

I use this method for arbitrary guiding lines when constructing nomograms etc.

See https://www.daube.ch/docu/files/compendium.pdf#page=249

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Klaus. I haven't used Grid Lines since the 90s, where I found them to be lacking. It appears the feature hasn't been enhanced since. You can only select from a limited number of spacings, no major-minor as seen here (much less ⅓ repeats), and then, inserting an Anchored Frame introduces it's own new grid, un-aligned to the page grid.

So this does look like something deliberately authored. In addition to perhaps being some element controlled by Color Views, it could also be Conditional content on a Master Page, or even unexpected direct Master Page content controlled by AMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bronxguys02:

You can enable/disable the gridlines in Adobe Acrobat using View > Show/Hide > Rulers & Grids > Grid. This has nothing to do with the FrameMaker grid. Once on in Acrobat, they will remain on for all files, until you turn them back off. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are always happy to help, @bronxguys02!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines