• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with FrameMaker basics

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Framemaker 15. I have been using framemaker 7.1 for years and am very familiar with it. A cople things I cannot find are the toolbar to change from upper case to lower case. I also cannot find how to center align a picture on a page. I want it center aligned from top to bottom and from left to right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: …upper case to lower case. I also cannot find how to center align a picture on a page.

You might want to start a new thread about this, and indicate where those tools are in FM7. I'm only aware of leading caps controls. L/R centering is easy, such as via Anchored Frame, but T/B centering requires a page-oriented layout, and perhaps some games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @mgustantino:

I moved your last post to a new thread, because you were asking questions that did not relate to the original question: why the Toolbars were missing a very differnt version of FrameMaker (XML Server) than you are using. 

the toolbar to change from upper case to lower case

The change case buttons will be found in View > Toolbars > Text Formatting.

how to center align a picture on a page. I want it center aligned from top to bottom and from left to right.

As for centering, you can either align the paragraph style with the frame anchor to center (as per Bob), or with some of the anchoring positions, you can choose Centered from the Anchored frame panel. There is no feature in any version of FrameMaker to center an image (or a paragraph) vertically on the page.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines