• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How are DITA child topics output to PDF?

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How it works with dita and dita map files in framemaker?, dita map includes multible dita files, when published as pdf, each dita topic will start from new page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matt S - Tech Comm Tools or one of the other DITA experts would be able to answer better. I'm just getting back into learning about DITA and it's been years since I actually used it.

My recollection is that yes, using a DITA map and XML files will start each new topic/module on the same page as the previous (until the page end is reached, of course). You might also want to look at Leximation's DITA-FMx plugin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normal behavior in DITA is to concatonate the child topics that are 2nd level or lower.

I haven't looked at the options for Fm 2022, but in previous versions you can control the output using the Publish options and/or the DITA init file.

So, basically, you can set up Fm to paginate the PDF as you like.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines