Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

​How can I save all the files of a book at one go

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

​How can I save all the files of a book at one go rather than Shift+Control, with the help of any extended script or so?.

​It would be of great help if there is really an option to save all the files at 1 shot.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manoharm02,

Certainly a script could do this. Is that what you are asking, whether a script can do it? Or are you asking for a script? I don't know if anyone will provide one for free.

I believe a script could invoke the Save All Files command directly with an FCode. Alternatively, if you don't like FCodes, it could iterate over all book components, retrieve the corresponding document filenames, look for the docs in the interface, then save them. That would be more than a few lines.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would you need a script to do something that is quite easily supported in the GUI. You mention Shift_Ctrl, which seems to indicate that you are trying to select files in the book window before executing the Save command. When the book window is active and you press Shift before opening the FIle menu, you will have a command to save all components of the book in one go.

If you had a script you would have to go through File > Script > Run, select the script and run it. How is that going to save you any effort or time?

In short - the use case is not at all clear from your description. Let us know what your requirements are in more detail. Depending on those, you might either not need a script at all or know how to create one.

Ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines