• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I change the format off all paragraphs in a document with specific characters without effecting the rest of the paragraphs above or below the targeted paragraphs?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the format off all paragraphs in a document with specific characters without effecting the rest of the paragraphs above or below the targeted paragraphs? Frame 11.

If I paste Bullet format I get this extra paragraph:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Hi Roger:

The goal is to change the bullet character from the hollow circle to the solid circle?

If so, I'd do as follows:

1. Save the file before you start, so that you can revert if you make a mistake, or if this matches other paragraphs that you haven't mentioned yet.
  2. Create a new paragraph tag for the bullets (or use the default Bulleted paragraph tag found in all new documents). Define the bullet in Paragraph Designer.
  3. Manually delete the o \t from the first list paragraph and assign the bullet par

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roger:

The goal is to change the bullet character from the hollow circle to the solid circle?

If so, I'd do as follows:

1. Save the file before you start, so that you can revert if you make a mistake, or if this matches other paragraphs that you haven't mentioned yet.
  2. Create a new paragraph tag for the bullets (or use the default Bulleted paragraph tag found in all new documents). Define the bullet in Paragraph Designer.
  3. Manually delete the o \t from the first list paragraph and assign the bullet paragraph tag. Adjust if necessary until it looks the way you want it to.
  4. With your cursor in the same paragraph, choose Edit > Copy Special > Paragraph Format to copy the bullet paragraph format into the clipboard
  5. Edit > Find/Change
    1. Find: Text: o \t
    2. Change: By Pasting
      This assigns the bullet paragraph tag to all paragraphs that begin with the hollow bullet
  6. Edit > Find/Change
    1. Find: Text o \t
    2. Change: To Text [leave the text field blank]
      This will remove the o \t from the paragraphs, leaving you with • bullets.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines