• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I correct inconsistent color setting among manual sections using 9.0?

Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a book, I get an error message for one of the 14 files I am adding to the book. It reads: "Inconsistent Setting -- Print setting for color Black is inconsistent in Section 9 Program Center.fm  The book may not print correctly." Any ideas?

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import (File > Import > Formats) the colours (only)  from the first file of the book to all others in the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Arnis. It worked. -- Ron

Ron Tillotson

Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having this same problem in FM 10.

I followed you suggestion, but did not work.

Odd enough, I opened the indicated file, the second on the list,  and checked the color parameters.

Then, went to the first file on the list. Checked the color parameters. yES, THEY were different...

Correct the color of the first fie, with she same color parameters. used Change Done buttons. Saved all.

Did a book update, but the result remain the same.. color inconsistency, with one specific color.

What to try next???

Andor, Jorge

Professional Technical Translator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorge,

This is the only way to do it. If I read your steps correctly, you omitted importing the critical step of importing settings into all files in the book.

1. Decide which file in your book is going to be your Master File (or set up an external file that is your master template file) for settings... make sure those color settings are what you want to use and adjust if necessary.
  2. SAVE the Master File.
  3. In the book file, select all files except the Master File then execute File > Import > Formats > activate only Colors, and apply.
  4. Save All Files in Book.
  5. Update.

If you have FrameScript, I believe they included a sample script that purges all colors from the catalog(s), but I don't have in intstalled on this system to check.

Cheers,

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Art

>>I followed you suggestion, but did not work. Means I tried what you suggested on the previous/above chat with Ron Tilotson.

I deleted the culprit color and solved the problem.

Thanks and I will try your suggestion in a copy file I kept as a backup.

Greetings from Brazil

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this does not work.  Tried it to the letter and the book errors remain in Framaker 2019 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You chose a file with the correct color definitions and then imported it to all other docs in the book saved them all & updated the book and it still honks at you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work because its missing 2 steps

1-  You need to include Document Properties so that the Printing template is copied to offending chapters.

2- You need to save the individual chapter files (Not the book)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and even with the addtional 2 settings imported it fails 😞  Not an easy fix for this issue.  The source document I imported settings from is not detailed in the book report as having inconsistant color settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure about #1 (never heard of a Printing Template) but Art's step #4 tells you to save all the docs in the book (which is NOT the same as saving the book).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines