• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make the bread crumb work properly in the Indigo skin for HTML5 on unstructured FM2020?

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-11-22_11-08-33.png

I am working on a new template, and want to use the Indigo skin for HTML5 with unstructured FrameMaker 2020. But I can't make the breadcrumb pick up the correct topics names. It stays put at Chapter 1 even if I assign each Chapter Name paragraph as a topic when publishing.

Is there a way to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Figured it out! In case anyone wants to know... The breadcrumb feature is hooked up on paratext. So switching from a paragraph that merely contained an autonumber to a paragraph that contained actual text was what worked. A little odd and not what I would have preferred, but better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out! In case anyone wants to know... The breadcrumb feature is hooked up on paratext. So switching from a paragraph that merely contained an autonumber to a paragraph that contained actual text was what worked. A little odd and not what I would have preferred, but better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What character did you choose?

Does the hack work with arbitrary whitespace characters like \u200b ?
U+200B ZERO WIDTH SPACE

And then perhaps stewardship suggests using a Variable to insert it, as it's otherwise hard to notice, find or select:
Name: Breadcrumb
Def: \u200b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines