• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I separate elements in a footer?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to insert variables and text in a footer, but I am trying to separate the different elements for example, I would like the title on the left side of the footer and the page# on the right side. I've experimented with tab stops, but it is not giving me the desired results. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

I would have thought you'd be OK, as long as you've set up the tabs you want in your footer style. Mine looks like this …

tabsInFooter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have thought you'd be OK, as long as you've set up the tabs you want in your footer style. Mine looks like this …

tabsInFooter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. The trick is, to set up a dedicated paragraph style (maybe 2, for facing pages) and then define left/right-aligned tabulators for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was spending too much time at the footer level itself, rather than at Paragraph Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines