• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I troubleshoot xliff problems in a systematic manner?

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document made in Structured FrameMaker 2020 and it is causing a lot of problems.

I want to create an xliff file, but the document keeps crashing. I have tried taking out all images and flattening all cross references.  I have tried saving as mif. I can do that,  but then I am not able to open the mif file without FrameMaker crashing. I have tried using a external xliff tool (Xliff Manager) to create the xliff based on the MIF file, but while I CAN create an XLIFF file, FrameMaker won't eat it.

There is "something" wrong with the document, but I just can't figure out what is causing the trouble. Everything looks ok. File insets, Cross References, Structure is valid...

Can anybody suggest an approach to figure out what is causing the problems?

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest 16.0.4 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - newest version. All attempts at creating an XLIFF file strands with this error message.

I find the error message confusing. What is the reference to a "Server"? Is FrameMaker connecting to a server while doing this or is something local? Might it have something to do with a time out?

2022-03-29_17-28-31.png

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines