• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off Adobe Application Manager so I can install/look for FM updates?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried closing (anything that remotely looks like AAM), and rebooting. Trying to look for FrameMaker updates. Won't let me, says Adobe Application Manager is already running. Close it first before attempting to apply updates.

1) I am not visibly running the program

2) IF I was, Adobe should direct me to the running version (that would be a nice-to-have feature)

TIA

TrishMcD

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Task Manager will show you what application and background processes are running.

What version of FrameMaker are you using? Is Help > Updates not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing by that name in Task Manager. I ended anything that remotely sounded like it could be that app. Nada.

I am attempting to update both FM 2015 and FM 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in the Task Manager? Any Services running? Have you tried going straight to the Updates page - Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try doing direct to their updates page. (Mind you, using the option under Help within the program worked just fine last week, and also rebooting worked, but not this week ).

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff. That got me to the updates for downloading. When I tried to run the update, though, I ran into the same issue with the app still running somewhere in the background. Rebooted _again_, and was able to run the update.

Windows seems to want to keep Adobe Application Manager running, even after it closes. Not good design .

I see there is at least one other thread about this same issue (sorry, it didn't pop up when I started this one). So...a combination of rebooting and going directly to the download links helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines