Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add Emphsis Tag...

Contributor ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In my Paragraph designer/catalog or Character designer/catalog, I do not see an Emphasis format (I do have <Default Font> & <Redline>).

How can I add an Emphasis format??? So when I create a new Variable, I like to make variable as <Emphasis>XXX.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

You first need to create a character style. Only once the character style exists you can use it as a building block in the variable (or as Character Format in the autonumbering properties of a paragraph style).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first need to create a character style. Only once the character style exists you can use it as a building block in the variable (or as Character Format in the autonumbering properties of a paragraph style).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Thanks you so much. I got it now.

I have seen Emphasis format many times; for that reason, I thought it was default by Framemaker.

I never realized that someone had created that Emphasis format.

I just created the Emphasis format and now its available for use at multiple places.

Once again, appreciate your quick response.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, Emphasis is a default character format in the standard template when you create a new document. So, probably someone deleted in your template 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the FM default Character Format for Emphasis is:
all attributes As Is, blank or gray tic, except:
Angle: Italic

Either click outside the Flow, or use the Command to Set Window to As Is when re-establishing the format.

A mistake that people often make is to have the mouse sprite in some actual flow text (typically Body), and then create the new Character Format, which would then by default pick up everything else about the Body format, not just the angle. When you later apply Emphasis to some other Paragraph Format, you get an unpleasant surprise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Bob Niland,

I will keep this in mind about how to use Set Window to As Is, that was very helpful.

Because when I re-created the Emphasis format, I made the same mistake that you described.

Once again, thank you for your explanation about default Character Format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines