• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add new entities in dita topic edd?

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am facing a challenge to change the font properties within DITA. I know that it cannot be done directly in dita topic xml files. So, I decided to add some entities to paragraph (p) in ..\xml\DITA_1.3\app\technicalContent\edd\topic.edd.fm. I noticed this maybe done via ..\xml\DITA_1.3\app\base\edd\commonElements.eddmod.fm and ..\xml\DITA_1.3\app\base\edd\highlightDomain.eddmod.fm. After adding one entitity in the latter files, I attemted to update the former, i.e. topic.edd.fm in order to import the changes. However, those text insets under paragraph element were not updated and so my new entity was not imported. Am I missing sth here?

Hadi

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if FrameMaker supports DITA RelaxNG grammars, but you are welcome to use my DITA specialization utility at

https://github.com/chrispy-snps/DITA-plugin-utilities

Using this utility, you can specialize elements as follows:

<elementdomain domain="myelements-d">
  <specialize elements="myfig" from="fig"/>
  <specialize elements="myp" from="p"/>
 </elementdomain>

and the utility creates a DITA plugin, ready to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

following the instruction you provided in the readme, I tried to reproduce some of your example on my Windows 10 but failed. Maybe you can give me some hint what these messages are going to tell me: 

Processing 'myEx.xml'...
Reading existing grammar files...
Using DITA-OT installation at '/mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/dita-ot-3.3.4'.
Reading files in '/mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/dita-ot-3.3.4/plugins/org.oasis-open.dita.v1_3/rng'...
Use of uninitialized value $new_domain in substitution (s///) at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 248.
Use of uninitialized value $new_domain in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 248.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 248.
Creating '.rng' (uri_prefix)...
Use of uninitialized value $uri_prefix in concatenation (.) or string at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 253.
Use of uninitialized value $root_element in string at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 260.
Can't call method "text" on an undefined value at /mnt/c/Users/hadi/Documents/DITA-plugin-utilities-master/bin/make_dita_grammar.pl line 103.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following link:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/dita/framemaker_customization.pdf

There is relax-ng based conversion utility.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitoj, I managed to edit the topic 1.3 edd and add one element to it using the manual. I can then import the edd into the framemaker template and create customized DITA topics using fm files. However, when I tried to save that edd as dtd in order to create a specialized dtd, the parsing was sborted. At first, I thought that my newly added element caused inconsistency. Then I tried to do the same using the original topic1.3 edd. The parsing was aborted again. In fact, as I would like to use xml files, I would need to bring my customization into the dtd. The documentation only explains how to edit the edd. It does not say how to create a dtd based on that.  Any help or hint to clarify this would be highly appreciated.

Hadi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you drop me an email on the same. I can share the exact issue in EDD which is causing it to save as DTD failure. We have fixed this issue and would be part of future update or definitely part of FM2020. 

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

amitosin@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines