• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add numbering to HTML5 output TOC and page titles?

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am publishing Responsive HTML5 from .ditamap with looooots of xml-files on different levels. I would like the output to have numering on different levels (1., 1.1., 1.1.1. etc.) both in the TOC of the webpage and in the page titles. How do I do this? 

I have tried changing numbering with Paragraph designer in Document view, but that doesn't help, since it appears outside text tags. Or that's why I think it doesn't help, for all I know it could be anything else, too. I also do not have Style Mapping tab in my publishing settings, should it always be there with ditamap? In case someone suggests style mapping as a solution. For all other formatting I have a .css file as override style and that's working fine. 

Should I try to search the jungle of  FM to find solution or perhaps ask some html/css wizard whether they could do it with the .css?

Thanks for any help!

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save the Ditamap file as 'Book with FM components' > You will see the table of contents added inside the book > Open the table of contents FM file and provide paragraph design settings to the respective para tags. This should solve your problem. But if you want to get this done on ditamap file itself, according to best of my knowledge, this can't be done. There are no options but to edit in HTML output files itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines