Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add tabs in custom Dialog Box

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I try to design a custom dialog box in a .dre file. In FDK programmer guide Tabs are not listed in items type which can be added to a dialog box. But in some of the FrameMaker dialog boxes, there are tabs. Can anyone help me with how to add it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanam

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanam, tabs are not supported for FDK-rendered dialog boxes. Indeed, plenty of tabs in the UI, but this capabability was not extended to the FDK, at least through the DRE mechanism. Maybe some high-speed developer could hack something, but DRE won't give it to you. I believe that ExtendScript dialog boxes do support tabs, but ExtendScript brings its own wealth of concerns and considerations. Hope this helps.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply Russ. So, in this case I think we may need to change the design of our dialog boxes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines