• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of file bloat in %appdata% ?

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only recently I have discovered the directory %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\fmlogs which has subdirectories 16 and higher.

...\16\2022_8_15\ cotains two files FM_Log_1660546056890.log and FM_Log_1660546064347.log with the very same time stamp 2022-08-15 08:48:11

FM_Log_1660546064347.log This seems to log the correspondence with the license server (A)

FM_Log_1660546056890.log IMHO this is a (partial) trace of the initialisation process (B), as there are entries such as

[INFO]: SmartQuoteManager_Initialize, 81 ::Reading SmartQuote Preferences for Language UK English is ‘’“”
[INFO]: LingoLanguageInit, 484 ::Setting Frame Language to UKEnglish
[ALWAYS]: MainInitAllComponents, 2045 ::All Components Loaded Successfully
[ALWAYS]: CopyAdditionalPDFSettingsToUserArea, 1894 ::copied PDF settings

Also a directory CQ (empty) is created with the start of FM-16. What is this good for?

• Namita from Adobe tells me, that these were introduced with FM-16 to add log that can be used later for diagnostic purpose. 
  • IMHO there should be a method to avoid these files and directories alltogether.
  • The maker.ini entry FMLogMinLogLevel=FV_LogMsgTypeFileT_Info obviously is not relevant here. Comenting it out in $HOME\maker.ini and/or %appdata%... does not help.
  • On my system every monday at start of Windows I run a clearing script removing temporary files and other unwanted stuff (such as FM dumps).
  • I can get rid of this bloat by adding the directory to the "list of to be cleared" direrectories - but what do others?

Edit

Somewhre on the web i find: «Adobe CQ is the foundation of the Adobe Experience Manager solution. It provides digital marketers with web-based applications for creating, managing, and delivering personalized online experiences.»

But I have absolutely nothing to do with the AEM. It should not establish directories prophylactically...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Well, i took the brute force approach and added the directory %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\fmlogs to the clean-up list for mondays.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, i took the brute force approach and added the directory %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\fmlogs to the clean-up list for mondays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines