• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert back to FM 11 after FM 17 Trial

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a free trial of FrameMaker 17 but now I need to open everything I worked on back to our original FrameMaker 11 version since we are not purchasing just yet. I tried to open the updated document in FrameMaker 11 but it says "it can't be opened with this release of the product."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Ignore the back saved book - create a new book in FM11 and fill it with the back saved FM2017 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to "back save" your FM2017 content to be able to open it in FM11. Best practices for trials are: (a) don't load it on your production machine (b) don't work with any real files - use copies you can abuse & afford to pitch afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "back save?" Will I lose all of the work I've done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save As - I haven't got a copy handy to recall the options, but prior FM versions are usually listed - if FM11 isn't, you'll have to go the MIF route (down save as MIF) and then open in FM11, save again as .fm.

As for losing work, depends on if you're using some feature that came in since FM11 debuted - you'll lose that in any files back saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to do this with the Book but not the Chapters. How can we reopen chapters in FM 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only saving it as FrameMaker 15 was an option so I saved the book as .mif but it is not saving the chapters in the same format. I can open the book in FM 11 but the chapters won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book is only a container - you need to save the .fm files that make it up as MIF, reopen them back up in FM11, save them as .fm and recreate your book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved each chapter. When I go back to open up the MIF Book, the chapters are the fm versions, not the MIF versions as I've just saved. How do I replace them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore the back saved book - create a new book in FM11 and fill it with the back saved FM2017 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines