• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default border to images?

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use the same border for each image we add into our documentation. Is there a way to set a border to default so we don't have to manually apply it to each image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried it myself (don't really use images much), but wouldn't that be part of the Object Styles feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We didn't see a setting within that feature to apply a default setting. We're hoping we're missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel:

It's definitely via Object Styles, but Object Styles are very quirky so that may be why you didn't figure it out on your own.

1. Select one of the frames
  2. Graphics > Object Style Designer
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.27 AM.png
  3. Set the Line Width, Line style and assuming you want a solid line, Pen Pattern 1.
  4. Optionally, change the color:
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.44 AM.png
  5. Type in an Object Style name, click on Save, then Close.
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.59 AM.png
  6. Graphics > Object Style Catalog
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.40.33 AM.png

7. With the frame still selected, click on the new object style to assign it to the selected frame (and all of the other frames).
    Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.40.39 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Object Style, but that style has Dimensions. The images in the document are all different dimensions.

Is there a way to create a style with Stroke and Fill properties that would also fit for multiple dimensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You do not need to fill in all available options. You do not need to set any dimensions.

Just set the stroke and the fill properties or whatever you need.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on Winfried's answer, just leave the properties you expect to change set to As Is, which is sometimes either a blank field or a "semi-checked" checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winfried, Matt---Thank you for your interest.

I created a new Object Style called MyObjectStyle.
The purpose of the MyObjectStyle is to place the same border around all figures in an existing document.

I apply MyObjectStyle to Figure 1.

The existing Height and Width of Figure 1 is 5.942" x 1.021" with Scaling 87.48%.

I then apply MyObjectStyle to Figure 2.
Figure 2 has different Object Properties.

FM overwrites the Height, Width, and Scaling of Figure 2 so they now agree with Figure 1. 

How do I apply MyObjectStyle and keep the Figure 2 Object Properties?

mnankin_0-1597236500362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I set the Object Style for Image Border and created a Catalog item as Image Border.  When I apply Image Border to the first image that I created Image Border from, it maintains the image size.  When I apply Image Border to other images, it resizes the images to the first border size.  I can't seem to get an answer as to how to allow the image size to change for each image border.  There is no As Is setting for image size.  I also tried leaving it blank, but then the border does not appear at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kenneth5FBC:

Is this also your post? 

httpss://community.adobe.comt55/framemaker/object-style-image-border-does-notresizee-to-each-new-ima...

There is no As Is setting for image size.  I also tried leaving it blank, but then the border does not appear at all.

Hopefully, that is what you are looking for: leave the width and height dimensions blank, but specify the stroke width and color.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines