• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to tell FrameMaker not to save fm components in temp folder in publish mode

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of the DITA templates in a local directory in order to be able to customize them. For instance, on the title page in stead of the adobe logo, I have an image of a product "by reference". Since this image needs to be replaced for every product, I decided to do this by reference. Now, when I use the publish button in order to generate a book with fm components, FrameMaker creates the fm cmponents in the %temp% folder then generates the pdf in the location that I have specified. One problem with this approach is the fact that the reference of the image is replaced partly by the address of the %temp% folder and partly by the location of the local title page template. Consequently, the images is grayed out. Is there a way to force FrameMaker to create the fm components in a user-defined location or to avoid changing the reference?

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I would like to ask some questions here.

Which version of FrameMaker are you using .?

If you are using FM2019 then Are you giving these templates in sts file, putting in installer directory or giving custom path in ditafmoutput.ini ?

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using FM 2019. I guess I have somehow solved the issue by saving the sts file one layer above the directory, where I keep the local template files. Previously the sts file was kept in the same folder as the template file. I do not know why this can matter. But it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great and I hope you are Importing Template in sts.

I recommend you to have images embedded in a template file instead of referencing it.

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pulkit, if I embed (copy?) the images or in my case the coverpage image directly into the template file, I would need to create as many copies of the same template as the number of our products, since the user manuals for our products require similar text but different coverpage image. I figured that I can avoid copying templates by referencing and use of variables. 
I have a question regarding the editting of the templates though. How can I edit the template to have the basic elements of the template, such as the word "chapter" in a TOC template, in a different language? You cannot change such elements neither in a master nor in the reference page. 

Hadi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines