• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML 5 Expandable Index

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm working in FM19 and my book's index is very large. It's currently displaying just a long list -- no alphabetical groupings. Can anyone tell me if there is a was to make an expandable A-Z index so users don't have to scroll excessively?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't played with it, but I would expect that your FM index would be the source of the HTML5 help index. What's your FM index look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-05-03_10-08-19.png

Yes it is -- thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS -- this is an abbreviated version ... I'm using just a few files of the book to test/play around with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you have a "real" index (just making sure that it wasn't just a regular fm doc) - what are you looking to have happen in the HTML5 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to be able to have an expandable A-Z list. Currently, it's omitting the group titles and it's just one massive list that users have to scroll through.

2019-05-03_10-26-45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I've seen any layouts that display their index that way - use the Tracker (tracker.adobe.com) to stick a wishlist in the FM tech crew's ear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks Jeff --- I appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't the Filter Keyword function work to more quickly pare down results than expandable sections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it does. One if the higher ups was just wondering if I could do the A-Z list, and I thought it might be something FM could do. I'm actually bit surprised that it doesn't. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just converted a rather long book with approx. 800 index entries to HTML5.

The dividers with the first characters of the index items were created automatically.

However, of course, no-one will scroll down a list with 800 items.

Therefore, it's more than you have, but the list cannot be compressed so that you can select a divider and then an item.

I just used the default settings. I do not know, why you do not get these dividers.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines