Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Help: Anchored frame in text inset replaced by text image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who can explain this absurdity?

When I publish an HTML Help file, some pages show an image of text where an anchored frame ought to be.

FrameMaker.jpg

I have seen this error on different pages in the output file, and the only way I can correct it is to convert the text inset to text (which means I have lost the benefit of the text inset).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Ok, so the anchored frame is likely set to At Insertion Point.

Still no explanation as to the cause, but what about setting the frame to Below Current Line? Same result?

If so, it looks like Rotate Object Dialog Box.fm is the text inset, and that your anchored frame in that file has a large number of objects in it.

I'd reconfig the content in the frame by either:

• pulling the content out of your anchored frame into a series of anchored frames
  • or creating the graphic in Illustrator or another app.

In F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robnurflugel : Have you ever seen this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 2015, version 13.0.5.547.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't explain it, but I have a question: Your screenshot from Fm appears to have text at the very bottom of the anchored frame. Do you have white, or very small text added at the bottom of the frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, mattrsullivan​—that's one of the tags we apply to anchored frames in order to indent them.

Sometimes those tags are accidentally applied to text, but I double-checked this instance and that's not the case this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification: What you are seeing—the small gray area at the bottom of the frame that looks like tiny text—is the result of applying one of those special graphics tags.  They have a point size of 4 pts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the anchored frame is likely set to At Insertion Point.

Still no explanation as to the cause, but what about setting the frame to Below Current Line? Same result?

If so, it looks like Rotate Object Dialog Box.fm is the text inset, and that your anchored frame in that file has a large number of objects in it.

I'd reconfig the content in the frame by either:

• pulling the content out of your anchored frame into a series of anchored frames
  • or creating the graphic in Illustrator or another app.

In FrameMaker - Working with Content, I had a similar issue with a couple of equations...in the end it was easier to take a screenshot of the equations, rather than to track down the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, mattrsullivan​. Again, you're correct that the anchored frame is set to At Insertion Point.

I tried your suggestion of changing it to Below Current Line—now the image of text is centered! LOL

I'll reconfigure the content as you suggested.

Argh!

centered.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I captured the info in the anchored frame as a graphic, and then imported the graphic, and now the area looks "good enough."

x.docx.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines