Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML5 conversion makes a mess out of my graphics

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ikke-navngivet-1.png

I have a bunch of graphics with Object Text on top. When I publish as HTML5, FrameMaker 2022 straightens out the texts ruining the layout.

Can it be avoided?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My quick & dirty reaction to that would be to stick all the labels on the image outside of FM and then just have it in the FM content as a "finished" image - publishing to HTML5 shouldn't impact it then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. And when you want your document translated? Best is to have all text which is going to be translated in FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol - see "quick & dirty" - actually, for localization, I would have numbers on the images and all text separate in FM (and not in strange orientations).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha ha, yes I can do the dirty, but the quick is not so easy, ufortunately. There is a lot of graphics which have these added texts. I wish it was an option to convert the Object Texts to "real" text or at least let the text stay in its layout position. Thanks for the answere anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth testing different ways of doing that, such as overlays of rotated text frames.

Text frames would have the advantage of supporting most text flow features, such as ¶format, character formats, variables, Xrefs, conditions, and perhaps being the easiest to translate.

So if everything has to be replaced anyway, get the most return for the effort. But I would have expected what you're doing to just work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it can be solved but not without a lot of extra work. Thank you for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place each callout as an SVG. That should keep the rotation and allow for localization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, @Matt S - Tech Comm Tools I may have to take that route, eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it comes to re-do, spend some time weighing the options. While rotated text frames provide full text Flow features, SVG has the neat property of being passed through to HTML5 as unmolested SVG XML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines