• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hypenation or a small dot appears at the start every Note when a frame file is printed to PDF.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently uisng Frame Maker 2017. When i generate a PDF from Frame file I observed that there is a small dot which when zoomed is a hypen (or underscore) appears at the start of every Note.

The preview looks something like seen in red below:

NOTE: _The task is performed after installing of the cap.

But the frame file doesnt have these underscore or dot. Its appears only when printed on PDF.

The issue is not observed in any Frame Maker 2017 used by others in the team.

Kindly help removing this underscore and do the needful.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi krithik90970688,

When others in your team create a PDF from your file, they do not have the red underscore, don't they?

Do others see this red underscore of your PDFs? Or only you?

Which printer do you use?

How do you create your PDF? Do you print to a PostSript file and distill this to a PDF? Or Save As PDF?

Do you notice this issue only in a single file or also in other files? How is this paragraph formatted? Is NOTE the automatic numbering of your paragraph? Does the numbering have a character format other than the Default Paragraph Font?

When you save as MIF, how does the code of this paragraph look like? You can use a regular text editor or MIFBrowse to check the MIF: http://www.grahamwideman.com/gw/tech/framemaker/mifbrowse.htm 

Is there any difference, when other team members save as MIF?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Winfried's suggestions - is your FM2017 all patched up? Was this always happening or did it just start up? If so, what's changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the "Note" portion of the text is built into your autonumber feature? If so, check your paragraph tag autonumber setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd agree with David – check your autonumbering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines