• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am creating an ebook from a book I made using 3 folders and approximately 30 files. Because each chapter is a separate file, you have to double-click in the TOC of the ebook to drill down to the page. The book has lots of cross references, etc. and seem

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an ebook from a book I made using 3 folders and approximately 30 files. Because each chapter is a separate file, you have to double-click in the TOC of the ebook to drill down to the page. The book has lots of cross references, etc. and seems difficult to combine into one file now, though I am willing if that it best way. Also, in the Responsive html 5, I notice that on my phone, I cannot "swipe" from page to page like is possible in some ebooks. Thank you for any help with these questions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ebooks are usually formatted as ePUBs, not HTML5 Responsive output (see Matt R. Sullivan's adventures in creating his ePUB book here - http://www.techcommtools.com/ebooks-with-fm-rh/ ​)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, Thank you for that. Very productive. I have created the ePub and am now trying to epubcheck Path and am trying to browse for the path, seems like a .jar file, but I cannot find that.  There does not seem to be .jar file in my ePub output. Can you help me with this? Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did find the .jar file and now I looking at the log and seeing all of the errors in the epub validation. I am researching, but if you know of any good resource tools for understanding the errors, I would appreciate that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines