• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I could not open the FM file

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not open the FM file, it appears the error message " Internal Error 12004, 18675028, 18675322, 21605557". And also there generated a file named" FrameLog_xxxx.txt".  Thank you!

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Dear BarbBinder,

Thanks for your concern!

Uninstall/reinstalling did not take care of the issue.

Finally I asked help from Adobe support.

at first they told me to update to FM12.0.4, but the error still exists.

Finally they told me to recreate the preferences of FM, and just now the FM file could be opened normally.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this isn't Adobe FM support - it's a user-to-user forum. To help you out (or at least point you in the right direction) we're going to need more info. What version of FM, is it completely up to date, are you able to open books and docs (just not this one) or does it crash all the time on everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff_Coatsworth,

Thank you so much!

It is FM version 12, and I have used this version for long time and I never met this problem before. I can't open all the FM files. It crash all the time on every FM files since this Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fenglingq88943750:

All good questions from Jeff.

And did you try the heroic open? It's an escape-key command that causes FrameMaker to ignore any of the conditions that normally cause warnings or messages during the open process, and may allow you to open files that have certain minor forms of corruption. The command is Esc o H (Escape o H pressed in sequence (one key after the other—not all at the same time.)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BarbBinder,

Thank you so much!

What is "heroic open"?

Do you mean I need to press "Esc o H" in sequence to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have to create a new FrameMaker file.

Then press ESC o H in sequence.

This will open the Open file dialog. Select your problem file.

FrameMaker will import the file into the new file in a special mode. It could be that not all formatting and settings are as in the original file.

When you can import the file, save it.

And best do a MIF wash: Save as MIF. Open the MIF file and save it again as FM.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Winfried,

Thank you so much!

I could not open any FM file , so I could not create new FM file either. I could not try these steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean you cannot create a completely new file with the FrameMaker default template?

What's the exact FrameMaker version (e.g. 12.0.4)? You can download updates here:

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

What's your operating system? If Windows 10, then please change the compatibilty mode to an older Windows version (right mouse click). Windows 12 is much older than Windows 10.

Or try to install FrameMaker in a virtual machine with an older Windows system.

Do you start FrameMaker as administrator?

Do you work in structured or unstructured mode?

Is there anything which changed on your system recently? Any update, any application which you installed? Something must have changed, when you were able to work without issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Winfried,

Thanks!

Yes, I cannot create a completely new file.

Mine is Windows 10 now. and I don't know structured or unstructured mode

there is not any change on system, not any update,

Thanks for these suggestions. currently I have uninstalled the FM and plan to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fenglingq88943750:

Following up on your question—did uninstall/reinstall take care of the issue?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear BarbBinder,

Thanks for your concern!

Uninstall/reinstalling did not take care of the issue.

Finally I asked help from Adobe support.

at first they told me to update to FM12.0.4, but the error still exists.

Finally they told me to recreate the preferences of FM, and just now the FM file could be opened normally.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m glad you got this resolved.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fenglingq88943750:  Thanks a lot for sharing with us this great tip on resetting the preference of framemaker.   I suffered the same problem with you since January 18, 2021.  At the beginning, I thought it maybe due to the fact that I have installed Mi2Go (as I want to convert my fm files to RTFs more efficiently).   After I uninstall Mi2Go, it doe not help at all and my FM12 is still crashed with the same error numbers like yours.  It does not help too when I update the FM to 12.0.4.  Once I reset the preference per your reply, my FM12 is back to normal now 🙂   THANKS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines