Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import images, replace images in body page from reference pages

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue to find were I can replace/import images from the reference page into the body pages. The images I would like to replace are the "Danger", "Attention" and "Warning" images below.

Danger, caution wanrning.PNG

The images I would like to replace with are located in the reference page:

Danger, warning, caution 2 reference pages - kopia.png

If I look in the Insets panel I can see that the images have been "imported by Copy" under referance file - what does that mean? The three images are .wmf format.

How do I manage to replace the images in the body page with the images from the reference page? 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

HI @default540csdvwejd8:

Ideally, those images would have been linked to the Fm doc on the reference page. If they had been, you could open them up in a graphics editor, modify them and Fm would update the file on the reference page and then update the paragraphs on the body pages.

At this point, you can copy the images to an image editor (in the Adobe world, use Photoshop or Illustrator, but there are plenty of non-Adobe apps you can use) or just recreate them (which is what I would do). Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @default540csdvwejd8:

Ideally, those images would have been linked to the Fm doc on the reference page. If they had been, you could open them up in a graphics editor, modify them and Fm would update the file on the reference page and then update the paragraphs on the body pages.

At this point, you can copy the images to an image editor (in the Adobe world, use Photoshop or Illustrator, but there are plenty of non-Adobe apps you can use) or just recreate them (which is what I would do). They are simply: 1 rectangle, 1 graphic and 1 word. Save the new files in their native format (i.e., .psd or .ai for easy edits later) and copy them to the project folder.

Now, you can select on one existing image on the reference page and use File > Import > File (with Import by Reference enabled) and you will replace the old image with the new one. Repeat two more times. 

The paragraph styles will update immediately and you will see the changes reflected on the body pages. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also consider changing the signal words to text, as Variables, so that translations can revise them without having to mess with Reference Page content, nor external image content.

Further, check industry safety standards to see if the alert symbol ⚠ is appropriate for CAUTION admonishments (it's usually mandatory for the DANGER & WARNING class, on the other hand). And in FM8 & later, the symbol itself can be a character (U+26A0 WARNING SIGN).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we have used the very same guru to create our FM-template files 🙂
If so is the case, then you can edit the text on the reference pages with the text tool. Then all tables and inserts are updated.

MagnusSwisslogPTC_0-1624886127144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines