• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In FrameMaker 17: FrameMaker could not find Adobe PDF printer instance, which must be installed to execute Save as PDF command

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker 17, this is the message I'm getting when I try to save a book or document as a pdf: FrameMaker could not find Adobe PDF printer instance, which must be installed to execute Save as PDF command..... Please Help! I need this functionality for the links... I've already uninstalled/reinstalled a few times.... Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an Adobe PDF "printer" listed in your list of Windows printers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching the web for

install adobe pdf printer

You'll get a few options for installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just run into this myself. Installed a trial version of FrameMaker 19. When I try to generate PDF I get the same error.

I have no Adobe PDF printer available when I check the Windows printers. Isn't it supposed to be installed with FrameMaker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can contact Adobe support (tcssup@adobe.com ) for this.

They are experts and will solve this issue quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip.

Adobe support sent me the link https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/unable-install-pdf-creation-add-on.html

Apparantly I must have had some FM installation problems (VS, c-runtime etc.), so I had to replace/reinstall the distiller.msi file.

All fixed now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please refer to the following article and follow the steps given for FM 2017 release- https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/unable-install-pdf-creation-add-on.html

Let me know if you face any issue in performing the steps so that we can connect and look into it.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines