• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index no longer working in FM2015

Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a structured FM book containing index markers. The index generates fine, but the hyperlinks do not work. The customer tells me it all worked fine in FM9 but no longer after moving over to FM2015. I tried wrapping the index markers in an indexmarker element but that did not make any difference. Trying the Ctrl+Alt-click in the generated index just brings up an alert that the object specified in the hypertext command cannot be found. Is this a reference page issue?

Thanks for any help. I really need to move on to new projects.

Jang

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Found the answer myself. Posting it so that others who might get into the same problem have an answer.

The definition of the index entry on the reference page should not include the <$pagenum>, as this is simply concatenated with the <$ObjectId> and then the target cannot be found anymore. The index works again after changing the definition to:

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType>  <$ObjectId>

This changes the marker to:

<Marker

<MType 8>

<MTypeName `Hypertext'>

<MText `openObjectId 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info on the issue:

This is the Level1IX string on the reference page:

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType>  <$ObjectId><$pagenum>

Here is a string in the marker in the generated index (dug out of the MIF file):

<Marker

<MType 8>

<MTypeName `Hypertext'>

<MText `openObjectId 1 NL DD2054.fm:1 10897524'>

<MCurrPage `2'>

<Unique 244570>

> # end of Marker

The filename referenced is "1 NL DD2054.fm" and yes, it contains whitespace - could that be the issue? I will try replacing the white spaces with underscores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the answer myself. Posting it so that others who might get into the same problem have an answer.

The definition of the index entry on the reference page should not include the <$pagenum>, as this is simply concatenated with the <$ObjectId> and then the target cannot be found anymore. The index works again after changing the definition to:

openObjectId <$relfilename>:<$ObjectType>  <$ObjectId>

This changes the marker to:

<Marker

<MType 8>

<MTypeName `Hypertext'>

<MText `openObjectId 1 NL DD2054.fm:1 108975'>

<MCurrPage `2'>

<Unique 244570>

> # end of Marker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines