• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index "See" and "See-also" formatting

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone point me to where I can address the following changes that I need to make in the FM Index file? We have some other products that work as desired but I can't figure out what is different between the 2 products.

Currently, there is a comma after "charter" but I need that to be a period and "See Also" should have a lower case "a" in "also".

• charter, See internal charter
  • See Also risk

Dita:

<indexterm class="- topic/indexterm ">charter<index-see class="+ topic/index-base indexing-d/index-see ">internal charter</index-see>
<indexterm class="- topic/indexterm ">risk management<index-see-also class="+ topic/index-base indexing-d/index-see-also ">risk</index-see-also></indexterm>

It should be displayed as:

• charter. See internal charter
  • See also risk

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Building Blocks are present at typical Index markers in the Body text?

Page 626+ in the FM2020 Help PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and the helpful PDF link but I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you give me more direction on where to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue you're reported is apparently the formatting of the HTML or XML well downstream in the process.

This may or may not have its origins in the markup of the .fm source file.

By default, people do Index entries by highlighting words in the source body text. The Marker created has the highlighted text as its default $markertext, but a wide range of expressions can be used instead, such as this example from the Help PDF:

<$nopage>Erosion: see also Wind [Erosion:aaa]
If what you see results from that at root, you'll have to bulk change all that metadata in the source. Historically, I'd probably use a text editor on MIF saves of the document, but there may be more elegant tools now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines