• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation file appears to be corrupt on Framemaker download

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company purchased a Framemaker license for me and I received the link to download the application and so far I've run into two issues that have prevented me from completing the download and installation of the application:

1) When I attempted to download the package using the Adobe link that was sent upon purchase, I think the company firewall intercepted the download and wouldn't allow me to install. One of the IT representatives was able to download the application in his computer and transfer the file to my computer.

2) When I attempted to install the package on my company computer, I got a blank pop-up with 'undefined' appearing after awhile in the pop-up.

3) I attempted to install the software on a computer outside the organization to see if the issue was caused by my company security settings, or if the file sent by Adobe is corrupt. When I attempted to install the software on the computer with no security issues that would prevent the install, I got an error message saying the package cannot be installed because the file is corrupt.

Is it possible the installer does not work with Windows 10? I have Windows 10 on both the computers of the failed installations. Was this an issue before Windows 10? I have deduced that the issue is with the Adobe application and not on the user end. Is there a patch for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

framemaker 2019 works with win 10, FrameMaker System Requirements

try downloading with a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Explorer and Google Chrome unsuccessfully. Was able to download the software, but installation failed giving me a blank screen on two different computers. I've met all system requirements listed and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe FrameMaker forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact FM support at tcssup@adobe.com - you probably have a combination of rights issues and/or .NET version issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The installer works with Windows 10. That is not the issue.

Installation errors are usually related to too restrictive IT settings or a corrupted or outdated Microsoft .NET Framework.

1. Please, download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 (Web Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Ann... and try again.
  2. Please check with your IT if you have admin rights to install the software and inf Windows does not prevent software installation.
  3. You might need to re-download the installation file. Maybe it also got corrupted when transferring from your IT's computer to yours.

In case all this does not help, please contact the Adobe technical communication support directly: tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines