• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add a spread of two pages (to keep the pagination right) in the middle of my flow?

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a multi-document book -- a manual for a piece of equipment -- and I just discovered that I need to add a few more sections in one of the documents to explain a few more procedures.

My document is left to right on the pages.  I know I'll have to redo the TOC, but I'm OK with that.

I need to add a 2-page spread in a few places to add these procedures and corresponding images.  I cannot for the life of me here figure out how to add two pages in the middle of my document to do this, I'm going to have to do it a few times for the few procedures extra I need to add.  I tried carriage-returning to give myself some space, but I have anchored frames with images and details all over the place and that didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Hi Jim,

Ugh. This is tough lesson to learn under deadline. Anchored frames will move with the edits—that's why they are so important. It's going to take some time to go back and anchor all of your frames, but it is the right thing to do. In addition, there are various anchoring positions that you will want to explore at some point. (See the link at the bottom.)

For now, at least on the spread you shared with us, you can just cut the frame at the bottom of page 58, and paste it at the end of step s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I just wanted to say thank you for your suggestion; I spent my Saturday anchoring those frames, and the flow is 100,000% easier to work with and I have no issues like I did before.  Matt also, thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's great news, Jim. I was wondering what you decided to do. Let's just pretend I never mentioned disconnected flows—you made the right decision, and your documents will be so much easier to edit moving forward.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we could get you squared away! Amazing what you can do when things are set up properly, eh?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines