• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to filter the prodinfo element in a ditamap?

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a ditamap that is used for five different product guides. Right now we use the prodinfo element of the map to generate the product-specific title for the PDF output.

I've tried adding the different product names as separate prodinfo elements in the map, but filtering doesn't produce the result I'm looking for. I've tried setting the attributes of each prodinfo element and using the product ditaval to choose the correct product name in the title of the guide. Our cover page uses the prodinfo element to populate the title page. I want to extend it so that we're not having to enter the product information each time we use the ditamap. I was hoping to insert a series of prodinfo elements in the topicmeta for the map. The output, to PDF, simply showed the default variable entry for the prodinfo element (Product). The variable is BM_ProdName which is tied to the prodinfo element.

I don't know if I've actually described this well.

Thoughts?

Wanda

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Hey Wanda ( @Wanda Jane

In simpler terms, What I understand is you want to generate 5 different PDF guides with different product-specific titles, For this, you want to conditionalize the prodinfo element.

Please add if I have missed any information 
As far as I understand, Ditaval on different prodinfo elements should do relevant work for you, is it not filtering while making output PDF?

I would further Happy to connect over email if you want.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal
FM & FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Wanda ( @Wanda Jane

In simpler terms, What I understand is you want to generate 5 different PDF guides with different product-specific titles, For this, you want to conditionalize the prodinfo element.

Please add if I have missed any information 
As far as I understand, Ditaval on different prodinfo elements should do relevant work for you, is it not filtering while making output PDF?

I would further Happy to connect over email if you want.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal
FM & FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines