• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to quickly identify unused images?

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that I've edited extensively. There are now many images that are not being used. Is there any way to quickly identify which ones are not used in the updated document, short of looking at each one and checking if it appears in the document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One trick I've heard of is to use the Archive packager script in newer versions of FM to create an archive file of FM content and all referenced images; any files not included in the archive are ones that aren't used anymore in the FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. use a List of References to get a list of referenced graphics in the book/document
  2. use (for example) a command line to get a list of all graphics in the folder
  3. use a spreadsheet to compare the two lists

not instant-quick, but a possible approach …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines