• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just installed FM 2017 update 4, Is there a way to revert back to update 3?

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics tool bar is unusable in the latest UI iteration, so I need to revert to a previous version. I have a subscription. Thanks!

Frame developers: please stop tinkering with the UI!!! At least give the option of changing to a different UI. Nobody likes having to re-learn a new interface four times a year, and figure out how to get all their settings back to the way they had before the update! This last UI change is the final straw for me. No longer will I try to sell FM to a new client. I cannot in good conscience foist such a problematic tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shackindawoods:

What exactly is going on with the graphics toolbar? I'm not having difficulties with it.

To answer your question, you can use System Restore in Windows to roll back to a previous restore point. Alternatively, you could uninstall Fm 2017, reinstall it, and just apply the 3rd update.

Most of us answering questions on the community forum are users like you, so while I agree with you about some of the interface updates, note that we users can't directly change what Adobe does. To bring this to their attention, be sure to use this form: Tracker.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe when you install from a subscription, you get the latest updated version. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into the Windows restore point to see if that is a recommended way to manage an issue outside the domain of the operating system. I plan to call customer support for a link to the base FM 2017 download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines