Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marks and bleeds differ between FM 2020 and 2019

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a problem with outputting a pdf with the correct registration marks and bleeds. In FM 2019, I can create a PDF with the correct marks and bleeds (refer to attached picture on the left), where as in FM 2020, the registration marks appear in a different spot (attached picture on the right). I'm using トンボ  (tonbo, Japanese).

In terms of the output method to create PDF's, I'm using the File -> Print -> Adobe PDF method. However, going through the "Publish" window and applying the correct settings to create a PDF produces the same result. Is there any way I can fix this?

To try to fix the issue, I have used the identical settings in both versions of FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat, however this does not solve the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of FM2020 are you running? IIRC there were some PDF producing fixes in one of the patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'm running version 16.0.4.1062 of FM2020. I tried updating via Help -> Update in FrameMaker, however I am apparently running the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worth a shot - I suggest you ping the FM folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines