• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar icons hard to distinguish

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was the option to have colored and/or large icons on the menu bars removed? My now older eyes are having a hard time distinguishing between the fancy "faded" icons, and the option to have them in color and larger than normal has been really nice. Now Framemaker 2017 has taken those options away and my eyes are feeling the strain.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Hi Lin,

FM was made compliant to the corporate standard (as seen in Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign, etc.). There were complaints (resoundly belittled and ignored) during the pre-release program about the lack of colour and scaling for the icons. So this leads one to the conclusion that UX isn't a high priority for Adobe [i.e. be reasonable, do it our way!].

You may get more traction filing this in the official bugs & feature request system (Tracker) at: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Note: any u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lin,

FM was made compliant to the corporate standard (as seen in Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign, etc.). There were complaints (resoundly belittled and ignored) during the pre-release program about the lack of colour and scaling for the icons. So this leads one to the conclusion that UX isn't a high priority for Adobe [i.e. be reasonable, do it our way!].

You may get more traction filing this in the official bugs & feature request system (Tracker) at: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home

Note: any user can vote on a bug/feature request to give it more weight, so convincing other Framers to vote on this (and other items), may get things accomplished [or at least noticed].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Lin. I have two monitors. On one I run FrameMaker 2015 and the other FrameMaker 2017. It is like day and night. The icons are very clear on the 2015. This should be the corporate standard. It makes the use of the program much easier. I have used FrameMaker for 28 years. In 2017, I have a good idea where the icon is. However, it still takes time to actually identify the icon. Slows things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, how very annoying.

I've put it in as a feature request. If you want to vote on it, this is the link. I'll pass it on to the Framers list.

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines