• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging unique tracking bars for two different version of same FM book

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Is there a way to merge two different versions of the same FM book and maintain the unique tracking bar colors for each one? If not, maybe there is something that can be done in the published PDF file for each book version. Any ideas?

Cheers -- John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

As long as the files are still separate files, this works.

The colour of the change bars is a property of the file and not of the book.

If you would merge several files into a single files, then you can use only a common colour for the change bars.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried. Well, I have 20 files in the book. In the D1 version update, all of the files were changed with a black change bar. After that version was approved, I had to create a D2 version. Again, the same files were changed but this time with a red change bar. Now, the sponsors want to see both D1 and D2 changes in one document. Is that possible? If so, how?

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not automatically, no. As Winfried said, all the change bars in a FM document will be the same color. There is no option for multiple colors.

Best idea I have is to compare D1 (newer version) to the original document, then go through and replace the Insert Condition with D1 and the Delete Condition with Original and make those different colors from the standard Insert (green) and Delete (red). Save the result, then compare D2 to the saved file, leaving the Insert and Delete condition tags the original colors.

I think that will get you most of what you need, but I don't have time to test it out to see if it does. The change bars would remain the same color no matter what, but it should be possible to replace one condition with a different named and colored condition so you'd wind up with a file that shows the Insertions and Deletions from Original to D1 in one set of colors, and then the Insertions and  Deletions from D1 to D2 in a different set of colors.

I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines