• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files nightmares

Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am once again stuck with a document with lot and lots of missing files. The files can be found,  but they are distributed in a very large and seemingly random number of folders.

There is no easy way to "fix it all" in one take, but FrameMaker could certainly be more helpful.

So please vote for this suggestion! Let's have the missing files dialogue be selectable making i possible to copy/paste the missing file name and do a search on your drives.

StudioSm_0-1662216223665.png

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-11504

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that any enhancement to FM on this won't be released by sundown, when I used to encounter it, there were two approaches I found useful:

1. On the presumption that the document at one time worked correctly, try to figure out where it was at the time (in relation to the now-broken filepaths). Place an original copy of the .fm file(s) there. If it opens, re-save to the new location, and presto, all file paths are updated.
  2. Create a new ./imports/ dir under the current .fm file location. Copy or symlink all the know imports to there, and FM's "use new path" dialog should find them all on the first dialog pop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines