• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving callouts around is slow. How can i speed this up?

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving callouts around is slow. How can I speed this up? I am used to graphic software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you doing callouts now? How are you moving them around? I use hardly any graphics in my FM project, so I always thought images with callouts were either better treated as single images prepared outside of FM and imported by reference into an anchored frame or done that way with generic labels that could be easily translated inside FM (not on the graphic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying them from within FM. I'm thinking about creating them in CorelDraw and treating them as one graphic along with the main graphic like you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you want to ensure that your label text or numbered labels have always the same size, then it is best to add them in FrameMaker and not in your graphics application.

Also, if label text must be translated, then use FrameMaker.

When you move labels with ALT and the arrow keys, then the object moves only a short distance per key press. The distance depends on the zoom level. Keep the arrow key pressed to move something.

When you use the mouse, then the speed is that of your mouse arm.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our approach is to use Illustrator / Photoshop to add callout numbers, then include the explanation in the FM text; we would avoid including any text in a graphic. Consistent sizing is then simply a matter of using the same settings for every drawing, both when adding the callouts and when referencing the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines