• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving graphics

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of our graphics are linked to a separate network location from the FrameMaker files.
We moved graphics files to new location. so now it is asking to connect every images from new folder.
i have n number of images so it is taking time to update all the images. is there any quick way to
update images from new folder?.

framemaker file looking images from old location. if im giving update document to use new path once also it is not taking images automatically.

is there any way to edit link?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FrameMaker doesn't have a way to update paths in every file in a book. Assuming all the graphics used in a file are in the same location, opening the file and updating the location for the first graphic will fix all the graphics in that one file.

If you have a lot of files, though, you might want to look into Rick Quatro's PathChanger script, which writes out all the paths in a book to an Excel file, lets you update the Excel file, and then writes the updated path information back into all the files in the book. If you make a "book of books" that includes all the books you are working on, you can get them in one fell swoop.

NB: I haven't used the script. I rather expect that if you have a lot of files that both the write out and the write back will take a while, and of course the editing in Excel is going to be tedious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines